Cybersecurity. It’s no longer a luxury; it’s a necessity.
Ensuring the safety of your data, your computer systems, and your staff should be a chief priority for your company in 2020. Our businesses become increasingly dependent on data — and there are ever-evolving threats coming for all corners of the globe, looking to steal or damage that data.
And there are no signs of slowdown from hackers unleashing these cyber attacks. In fact, because of their successes (yes, they have been very successful), these attacks are going to increase year after year.
Check out these cybersecurity statistics:
1. Email is still a huge attack vector. According to Verizon’s Data Breach Investigations Report, 94% of malware attacks were by email.
2. The average cost of a ransomware attack is $133,000, per Safe At Last. And ransomware comprises 56% of malware attacks.
3. 4.1 billion records were exposed in data breaches in just the first half of 2019, per RiskBased.
4. According to a Security Intelligence 2019 study, the average total cost of a data breach is $3.92 million, up 1.5% from the previous year.
5. Mobile devices aren’t invulnerable to the cyber madness. According to a Symantec Threat Report, 1 in 36 devices had some sort of high risk app installed.
6. An assistant professor at the University of Maryland conducted a hacker study, concluding they attack every 39 seconds.
Ready to get cyber-secure?
Sign up for our weekly security tips. Easy-to-follow advice sent directly to your inbox, once a week.
Additionally, get a free cybersecurity consultation. Contact us at 205-277-CARE to schedule, or fill out the form below.
Our cybersecurity experts are ready to help you stay secure in 2020—and beyond.